Thursday 21 March 2013

Sculptures by the Sea

Seeing as variety is the key to happiness, I thought it would be nice to share a few photos from one of our many beaches - specifically the one with art on it. The annual Sculptures by the Sea exhibition is currently located down at Cottesloe Beach and if you love free outdoor sculpture events, the beach, AND you're in the Perth area, then you should definitely pay a visit before the event's last day (24th March). 

I headed on down to the beach on Monday and I have to admit, I was surprised at the amount of people that had travelled there on a weekday to see the exhibit. There were of course the usual beachgoers swimming, tanning, and exercising -  including local primary school kids having swimming lessons. But there were people from all ages strolling around to each sculpture with their cameras out and ready. PLUS there were plenty of school groups either participating in some observational sketching or following a tour guide around each artwork. There was something for everyone y'know?

(On a related note: Do my ears deceive me or can I hear people from the northern hemisphere crying for warmer weather? HAHAHA SORRY NOT SORRY)




No comments:

Post a Comment